Another great low-carb pizza dough. This crust recipe is riced cauliflower held together with eggs and enhanced with cottage cheese. A mild flavour giving lots of place for toppings.
If you’re lucky, you’ll have a store that stocks riced cauliflower. You can use that and skip over the entire “Rice Cauliflower” stage. You’ll need about 300g of the riced cauliflower in place of the medium cauliflower head. This saves a lot of time, and most of the trouble of this recipe.
When you remove the crust the first time from the over you may wish to turn it over. This gives a more even bake when you return it to the oven with toppings. However, you might find it hard to do without breaking it. There’s no need to flip it over.
Enjoy your pizza.
Pictured: A prepared cauliflower crust with sauce and toppings.
Cauliflower Egg Cottage Cheese Pizza Crust
1 medium 500 gCauliflower
2 medium 100 gEgg
100 gCottage Cheese
- mixing bowl
- blender or food processor
- steamer or large pot
- baking tray
- baking sheet
- Preheat the steamer, bringing the water to a boil then reduce it to a simmer.
- Remove the leaves from the cauliflower. As the cauliflower will be ground up you can leave most of the stem intact.
- Chop the cauliflower into small enough portions for the blender.
- Blend the cauliflower into rice size bits. If you have a small blender, you may need to do this in 3-5 portions.
- Put the cauliflower bits into the steamer.
- Steam for 8 minutes.
- Remove the cauliflower from the steamer and let it cool.
- Dump the cauliflower bits into the center of a cheese cloth, bundle the cloth together and squeeze out as much water as possible. It will lose about 45% of its weight.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Put the prepared cauliflower, egg, and cottage cheese in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the salt to the mixing bowl.
- Mix the ingredients well.
- Line a baking tray with a baking sheet.
- Dump the mixture onto the baking tray and form into a round pizza shape, about 1cm thick.
- Put in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the crust.