A succulent vegetable stew full of flavour. This recipe for a lovely zucchini, tomato and soy mince chili can’t go wrong. And it can be easily doubled, or tripled, for vast quantities of goodness.
I provide a reasonable ordering for preparing the ingredients, but it’s just a guideline. Simplified, in this recipe you fry onions, garlic and mushrooms in a pan, then cook everything else in a big pot.
If you want an even stronger flavour, brown the zucchini and carrots in the frying pan before adding them to the pot. Recall, to brown the vegetables add them to the pan, then leave them be until the one side is brown, or seared, and then flip them over. Don’t constantly stir, otherwise, you might as well add them to the pot without frying.
There is no binding agent in this recipe, so you’ll end up with some liquid. Add some tomato paste if this is not to your liking.
Use whatever you’d like for a chili: a mild one to keep it tame, or a whole habanero for the dead cold of winter. You can always eat the chili with sour cream to cool it down.
Enjoy the soy chili recipe.
Miss Flores' Zucchini Soy Mince Chili
75 g 1¹⁄₂ cupFineSoy Mince
1 large 240 gRed Onion
24 g 5 teaspoonFrying Oil
1 medium 9 gGarlic Clove
800 g 3 cupChoppedCanned Tomatoes
1 large 400 gZucchini
1 medium 15 gChili
- frying pan
- large pot
- Put the soy in a bowl with roughly 4-5 times the water. Let it sit for at least 10 minutes.
- Dice the onion and put it in a frying pan.
- Add the oil to the frying pan and turn the stove to high heat.
- Dice the garlic and add it to the frying pan. Stir the contents.
- Slice the mushrooms and them to the frying pan.
- Fry until the mushrooms have softened, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer all ingredients to a large pot.
- Add the canned tomatoes to the pot and bring the pot to a simmer. Keep the pot simmering while you add ingredients.
- Halve and slice the zucchini and put it in the pot.
- Slice the chili and add it to the pot.
- Dice the carrots and them to the pot.
- Add the salt and nutmeg to the pot.
- Drain and add the soy mince to the pot.
- Leave the stew simmer for 30 minutes.