A simple fruit and nut bar with a classic taste. With only four ingredients, you’ll find this recipe super easy. After just a few minutes, you can have chewy almond and macadamia nut snacks.
As with many of my bar recipes, this recipe uses raw ingredients only. There is no baking involved.
If your macadamia nuts are salted, then you should leave out the additional salt in the recipe.
Enjoy your nutty delight.
Almond Macadamia Raisin Bar
200 g 1¹⁄₄ cupAlmonds
80 g ⁵⁄₈ cuproastedMacadamia Nuts
140 g 1 cupRaisin
- mixing bowl
- food processor (optional)
- 15x20cm plastic container
- Chop the almonds in the food processor until finely ground. Transfer to the mixing bowl.
- Chop the macadamia nuts in the food processor until roughly ground. Transfer to the mixing bowl.
- Add the salt to the mixing bowl and mix well.
- Chop the raisins with a knife and add to the mixing bowl.
- Stir briefly and then with your hands mix thoroughly. You should squeeze and kneed the mixture strongly. Keep doing this until the mass clumps together. Be sure to blend in all nuts that may be on the bottom of the bowl.
- Transfer the mixture into the plastic container. Press it firmly into the container. You can use a spoon or a spatula to flatten the top.
- Place in the fridge and let set for 30 minutes.
- Remove the plastic container from the fridge.
- Tip it over onto a cutting board. Tap the bottom until the set mixture drops to the board.
- Cut the mass into bars. If using the 15×20 container you can use one slice lengthwise and 6-8 along the width to produce 12-16 bars.