Delicious all-natural chocolate bars. This cashew and almond bar recipe packs a lot of roast chocolate flavour. And there’s no added-sugar — the sweetness comes from the juicy figs.
Cashew Almond Chocolate Fig Bar
100 g ⁵⁄₈ cupAlmonds
100 g ⁵⁄₈ cupCashews
50 gCacao Bean
125 gDried Figs
¹⁄₂ medium 4 teaspoonjuicedFresh Lemon
- baking tray
- plastic container 15x20cm
- food processor
- mixing bowl
- Preheat oven to 150°C.
- Spread cacao beans on baking tray.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the beans from the oven and let cool.
- Place the almonds, cashews, and cacao beans into a food processor.
- Chop the nuts until they range from a rough powder to a fine ground.
- Transfer the ground beans to a mixing bowl.
- Add the cinammon and salt to the mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Chop the figs and add to the mixing bowl.
- Add the lemon juice to the mixing bowl.
- Stir briefly and then with your hands mix thoroughly. You should squeeze and kneed the mixture strongly. Keep doing this until the mass clumps together. Be sure to blend in all nuts that may be on the bottom of the bowl.
- Transfer the mixture into the plastic container. Press it firmly into the container. You can use a spoon or a spatula to flatten the top.
- Place in the fridge and let set for 30 minutes.
- Remove the plastic container from the fridge.
- Tip it over onto a cutting board. Tap the bottom until the set mixture drops to the board.
- Cut the mass into bars. If using the 15×20 container you can use one slice lengthwise and 6-8 along the width to produce 12-16 bars.